The Modular iPlan is our flexible and cost-effective solution for you to manage your pensions and investments - all in one place. You can manage your Modular iPlan online, with flexible access so you can view or change your investment options as and when you need to.
We are not authorised to give financial advice therefore we strongly recommend you seek financial advice before proceeding. If you do not already have a financial adviser, you can get a list of qualified advisers in your local area at www.unbiased.co.uk or by calling Unbiased on 0800 023 6868.
Modular iPlan products are not suitable for all investors so we recommend you read our checklist below to ensure it is appropriate for your investment needs.
The Modular iPlan may be appropriate for you if you:
- are looking to invest for the medium to long term
- do not need to access money from the SIPP before age 55
- accept that the value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may not get back what you originally invested
- accept that the Modular iPlan and the products within it do not offer any guarantees and therefore may not provide the level of income required in retirement
- accept that if the investments in your SIPP do not perform as you expect, you may need to delay retirement or increase contributions to achieve your required level of income
- are confident to select investment products yourself or have access to a financial adviser to select for you
- are comfortable about deciding what income and lump sums to take from your SIPP and other investments, or you have access to a financial adviser to decide this for you
- have pension plans you wish to transfer into the Modular SIPP that have no guaranteed pension benefits – and/or are not charged high costs by your previous provider to transfer
- are a resident in the UK for tax purposes and can therefore take advantage of the tax benefits of a SIPP and/or an ISA.
Who can open the Modular iPlan?
To be eligible, you must be aged over 18 and must not be a US Person or resident of the US for tax purposes or undischarged bankrupt. You can find out more about who our products are designed for here.
If you are planning to take money out of your pension in the near future, you are entitled to free, impartial guidance from Pension Wise. Visit www.pensionwise.gov.uk or call 0800 138 3944 (from outside the UK +44 20 3733 3495), if you wish to use this service.
Ready to apply?
Find out how you can transfer an existing pension or set up a new account with us here.