RPA Analyst/ Developer (Salisbury)
Job Title: RPA Analyst/ Developer
Salary band: dependent on experience
Department: IT Reporting To: Head of Technology Innovation
- Reporting to the Head of Technology Innovation, the RPA Analyst/Developer will be part of a brand new team dedicated to designing and implementing robust solutions across the company using RPA tools.
- The role will ensure that internal customers understand and utilise the full RPA capabilities to maximise quality delivery and operational efficiency.
- As a member of the IT development team the post holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme.
- This role requires enhanced vetting as per the Referencing and Staff Vetting Policy.
- This role may on occasion require travel to various James Hay sites
- Building comprehensive business and technology RPA solutions within a team from analysis to implementation of RPA projects.
- Working with our strategic partners for RPA ensuring companies policies, processes, tools and standards are always adhered to.
- Share best practices and be consultative to clients throughout duration of the project
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign
- Support requirement gathering, including the collection of operational data to be included into business case and to accurately measure automation impact
- Participate and lead, when needed, project meetings with the customer
- Participate in internal IT projects as required
- Participate in pre-sale negotiations with 3rd party providers
- Work closely with the Business Analysis team to understand and represent business requirements
- Support the implementation of Agile ways of working within James Hay
- Be responsible for completing all mandatory training and to do so within required timescales
Person Specification (job knowledge, skills, and experience required):
- Demonstrable experience with RPA or other automation solutions e.g. Blue Prism, UIPath etc
- Significant experience in software development, ideally within automation
- Very strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Cross functional collaboration
- Experience of working within a Lean Six Sigma environment
- Experience of Agile delivery
- Software collaboration tools e.g. TFS, JIRA…
- Experience of integrating RPA solutions with other systems including TIBCO Business Works
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel to different locations
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into designs
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
Key working relationships and external/internal contacts:
- Business Analysis Team – Working with BA’s, provide guidance on the best practices when defining requirements into a project.
- Development Team – Working with the Development team, define the Principle and Polices that the teams should be working to when implementing their products. The role holder should be available for consultation in case of any issues that need escalating or explaining on more detail
- System Integration Team – Support the integration team in testing projects and assist if there are any issues which need rectifying which may result in a change to design
- External 3rd party providers – Be responsible for discussing and agreeing integration patterns with any external 3rd party providers.
- Infrastructure Team – Ensure that the infrastructure team are fully engaged on all designs for internals applications and any implications on the infrastructure and integrations with 3rd parties.
- Security Officer and Team – Working closely with the IT Security team to ensure that all designs meet the security requirements defined by our CISO and ensure the Enterprise Architects are up to speed on the latest security risks.
- External relationships include technology partners
- External relationships include third party service integration partners such as iRess, Calastone & DocuSign
James Hay Values:
- Thinking Investor
- Working as a Team
- Doing the right Thing
- Taking Responsibility
James Hay Behaviours
- Confident: assured, calm, sure of yourself, assertive, positive, self-reliant, independent and resourceful
- Professional: competent, expert, specialist, qualified, proficient, skilled, trained, licensed
- Progressive: enlightened, advanced, innovative, “thinking outside the box”, challenging minds, continuous improvement
- Engaging: participating, involving, likeable, rational, and empathetic
Investor Outcomes pertinent to role:
- Outcome 1 - James Hay is a safe and secure business to use for my retirement and wealth management needs
- Outcome 2 - I am confident James Hay acts with integrity and ensures my interests as an investor are first at all times
- Outcome 3 - I understand the information provided by James Hay and am empowered to make effective and informed decisions
- Outcome 4 - I can easily log-in 24/7 to use a stable and reliable platform
- Outcome 5 - I have access to functionality and tools which are easy to understand and use, and processing capability that enable me to the action I want to take, when I want to take it
- Outcome 6 - I believe James Hay’s charges are clear, transparent and applied fairly to my account
- Outcome 7 - I can easily see if my James Hay portfolio is on track to support my overall retirement and investment goals
- Outcome 8 - I can easily transfer from / to another platform provider and close my account
- Outcome 9 - I am in control and understand my options and the risks when taking my retirement funds as retirement income or ad-hoc withdrawals
- Outcome 10 - If James Hay causes something to go wrong, I know they will fix it on a timely basis and look after me
- Outcome 11 - If I make a complaint it is dealt with effectively, fairly and resolved promptly