IT Project Manager (Milton Keynes)
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Salary band: dependent on experience
Department: IT Reporting To: Head of Infrastructure
Based: Milton Keynes
Responsible for the management and co-ordination of priorities projects throughout their lifecycle, ensuring that the project goals and benefits are delivered.
As part of IFG Group, James Hay Partnership is one of the largest Investment Platforms in the UK. This role requires enhanced vetting as per the Referencing and Staff Vetting Policy.
- Project Scoping & Planning – Define and develop business case specification and plans to support prioritised projects, gaining required approvals and sign off.
- Project Delivery & Control – Effectively manage the project to deliver on time, on budged, on benefit and on scope.
- Project Closedown & Review – Review projects against timescales, budget, benefits and scope and close down appropriately.
- Relationship Management – Proactively build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships and stakeholder relations, to enhance 2-way communication and support the development of projects.
- People Management – Manage, develop and coach colleagues to realise their full potential and enhance business performance. This may include direct and indirect project team members and coaching/mentoring relationships.
- Programme Office/Centre Management – Manages/leads a range of central activities including management of project prioritisation, portfolio management and management of quality review processes. Managing internal departmental process improvements and projects.
The post holder is responsible for completing all mandatory training and to do so within required timescales.
Key working relationships and external/internal contacts:
- Key Internal relationships will be with all IT teams and the Change and transformation team, to co-ordinate, persuade and negotiate. In addition building relationships across all aspects of the business to liaise and negotiate requirements and deliverables.
- External relationships with suppliers is also critical to this role with the ability to negotiate and co-ordinate deliverables.
Job knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Project Management experience supported by business experience in a specialist or managerial role, preferably in Financial Services.
- Requirement for conceptual thinking and working from first principles, rather than using a standard prescribed formula.
- Typically responsible for one large project of several smaller ones. May support and supervise a small team of project management staff.
- Responsible for managing specific projects, ensuring project goals are achieved and tasks are completed on schedule. Ensures sound business and benefit case.
- Develops solutions to complex operational and processing problems, which involves discussions with internal customers to determine requirements and drawing upon appropriate specialist expertise where appropriate.
- Develops and implements project plans, managing customer relationships and coordinating cross-functional project teams.
- Prepares reports and delivers presentations to customers and senior management regarding project status, results and recommendations.
- PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner
James Hay Values:
- Thinking Investor
- Working as a Team
- Doing the right Thing
- Taking Responsibility
James Hay Behaviours (How)
- Confident: assured, calm, sure of yourself, assertive, positive, self-reliant, independent and resourceful
- Professional: competent, expert, specialist, qualified, proficient, skilled, trained, licensed
- Progressive: enlightened, advanced, innovative, “thinking outside the box”, challenging minds, continuous improvement
- Engaging: participating, involving, likeable, rational, and empathetic
Investor Outcomes pertinent to role:
- Outcome 1 - James Hay is a safe and secure business to use for my retirement and wealth management needs
- Outcome 4 - I can easily log-in 24/7 to use a stable and reliable platform
- Outcome 5 - I have access to functionality and tools which are easy to understand and use, and processing capability that enable me to the action I want to take, when I want to take it
- Outcome 6 - I believe James Hay’s charges are clear, transparent and applied fairly to my account
- Outcome 10 - If James Hay causes something to go wrong, I know they will fix it on a timely basis and look after me
The key attributes for the project manager role are:
- Highly organised
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritise multiple work streams
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Self development
- Organisational awareness
- IT awareness and impact analysis